A front came through very, very early this morning and dropped the dew point and the temperature. It was 66 deg F when I left the house. It was 73 deg F by the time I got home. The air felt cool but the sun was warm. I stuck to the shade whenever possible. Although my run was not very fast and I did walk on more occasions than I care for, it was not the heat that made this run difficult. There were moments of ease. Moments when I felt I was in the groove and the distance ticked away easily; but, most of the run was hard.
This was the first time since Ft. Lauderdale in July that I went 6 miles so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that I am tired and drained post run. Long runs usually leave me a bit tired. I wish I could keep running far all year long. Not dropping back in milage. I miss my strong legs. The ones I developed last fall. I know I will get them back again, but jeez, it is hard.
![]() |
| The cold hard facts. I burned at least 600 Calories though. This app undercounts my Calories burned. When I wear a heart rate monitor, I consistently burn at least 100 C/mi. |
![]() |
| My route |
![]() |
| My mile splits. The 5th mile was my best. I was in the groove that mile. |
![]() |
| As evidenced by this figure, I walked quite a bit. |
I tried a new recovery drink. I made a peanut butter banana smoothie with greek yogurt (from Chiquita Banana):
It was very good. There are several others I would like to try soon including this variation (from Kraft) on the peanut butter banana one:
Here is another peanut butter banana smoothie (from www.fitnessblender.com). This one is 433 Calories in a 14 oz serving.
What I typically do with recipes is mix and match ingredients and amounts until I get the right combination for me. Often it means that I take a bit from this recipe and a bit from that one. In the end, I am usually very pleased with the outcome.
For a Strawberry and PB Smoothie I thought I would try this one, also from www.fitnessblender.com. It is 432 Calories in one 14 oz serving.
I also thought I would give a blueberry banana smoothie a try. I found this one on Yummly. The best thing about this one is that it is PURPLE!! My favorite color :)









No comments:
Post a Comment